Switching from Flothemes to Pixieset
If you’re considering to switch your website from Flothemes (WordPress) to Pixieset, here’s all you need to know about how Pixieset works.
NOTE: All Flothemes clients are eligible to receive their first year of Pixieset Website Pro plan for free. You will also get assistance from our team with creating your site on Pixieset, free of charge. To claim this offer, send us an email to email@example.com or submit a ticket through your My Account page, by Nov 30th, 2023. You don't have to make the switch by that date, but simply inform our team.
In 2021, Flothemes was acquired by Pixieset, the leading platform for photographers to deliver photos and videos, build a website and manage their business. Since then, the Flothemes team has brought many beautiful themes and features into Pixieset Website, including the recently released Flex Editor. Pixieset’s mission is to build simple, beautiful and easy-to-use tools for photographers and creatives. Its product offering has been ever expanding since its inception 10 years ago. We are excited to be part of that innovation and look forward to serving photographers and creatives on the Pixieset platform.
Here are 7 things that you’ll love about Pixieset platform:
- Their collection of elegant themes, all tailored to photographers that you can easily switch between. Even with the free plan, you can access all the themes, all the page templates and blocks, to try them out.
- Flex Editor, the drag-and-drop website builder inside Pixieset, similar to the Flex technology that you’ve been using with Flothemes. The Flex Editor offers you the possibility to create your own custom blocks, reposition and resize any element inside that block, adjust the tablet and mobile views. You also get a library of predefined Flex Blocks, created by our talented design team, to launch your new site faster.
- Hosting is included with your Pixieset Website subscription.
- No plugins or third-party tools are required to build and run your photography website.
- The dashboard and website builder are intuitive and easy to use. There’s no steep learning curve, like with WordPress.
- Client Gallery — if you already use Pixieset to deliver your photos and videos to clients, you can import photos directly from your galleries and use them when building your site or writing blog posts.
- Studio Manager - with Pixieset you also have a tool for online booking and scheduling, an easy way to create and send contracts, invoices and questionnaires, collect online payments, and more. All inside one dashboard.
Moving your website from Flothemes to Pixieset
There isn’t a solution that automatically migrates your Flothemes website to Pixieset. WordPress and Pixieset are two different platforms when it comes to coding structure and how the blocks work. Moving from WordPress to Pixieset would require rebuilding your website manually.
Luckily, Pixieset comes with an elegant selection of pre-made website themes, page templates and blocks, to speed up your process. With Flex Editor, you can also create custom blocks for your site. And, if you use Pixieset to deliver photos to clients, you can import photos directly from your galleries, into your website and blog.
To start building your website on Pixieset, we recommend checking out their knowledge base and tutorials on help.pixieset.com.
If you have a custom domain purchased from a third-party provider, you can connect it to your Pixieset website by following the instructions in this article or opting for our team’s assistance. We recommend building out your new website on Pixieset, while your Flothemes website is still live, and once your new site is ready — connecting your custom domain to it.
If you’d rather skip doing this process manually, our team is here to help you build a new website on Pixieset. For more details, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org